Did you know...
- - A horse is a member of the "equus" family. This word comes from ancient Greece and means quickness.
- - A horse is able to drink 10 gallons of water per day.
- - Horses use their facial expressions to communicate. Their moods can be gauged with the help of their nostrils, eyes and ears.
- - Horses spend more energy lying down.
- - The hoof of a horse is like a fingernail; it keeps on growing and needs to be clipped.
- - Any kind of mark, which appears on the forehead of a horse, is called a star, irrespective of whether it resembles one!
- - Horses usually live for around 20 to 25 years. Some of them can live up to 5 years more.
- - A horse has two blind spots; one is located directly in front of them while the other is located directly behind.
- - One of the few breeds of horses that live in North America are called Mustangs.