This drug is a chemical inhibitor of cell cycle synchronization and an inhibitor of cell mitosis.
Side-effects include blood dyscrasias and myelofibrosis.
Recommended dose rate is 0.03 mg/kg orally once daily for 14 days.
- Atta HM et al (2008) Colchicine inhibits intimal hyperplasia and leukocyte VEGF expression in dogs. J Surg Res 146(2):184-189
- Lechner ES & Cooke KL (2011) Dysuria caused by a partially obstructing urethral membrane in a female dog. J Am Vet Med Assoc 239(6):818-822
- Hill PB et al (2008) Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita in a Great Dane. J Small Anim Pract 49(2):89-94
- Khammanit R et al (2008) Effect of serum starvation and chemical inhibitors on cell cycle synchronization of canine dermal fibroblasts. Theriogenology 70(1):27-34
- Partridge EA et al (2008) Disposition and metabolism of the colchicine derivative [14C]-ZD6126 in rat and dog. Xenobiotica 38(4):399-421