Anaphylaxis is less commonly reported compared with its sister drug, but premedication with daily prednisolone 2 - 3 days prior and diphenhydramine 30 - 60 minutes prior to and during docetaxel delivery.
Recommended dose rate in dogs is 20 - 30 mg/m2 given as an intravenous injection once every 2 - 3 weekly intervals.
- Simon D et al (2006) Postoperative adjuvant treatment of invasive malignant mammary gland tumors in dogs with doxorubicin and docetaxel. J Vet Intern Med 20(5):1184-1190
- Waite A et al (2012) Phase II study of oral docetaxel and cyclosporine in canine epithelial cancer. Vet Comp Oncol Aug 21
- McEntee M et al (2003) Enhanced bioavailability of oral docetaxel by co-administration of cyclosporin A in dogs and rats. Vet Comp Oncol 1(2):105-112
- Li CM et al (2012) Orally bioavailable tubulin antagonists for paclitaxel-refractory cancer. Pharm Res 29(11):3053-3063
- McEntee MC et al (2006) Phase I and pharmacokinetic evaluation of the combination of orally administered docetaxel and cyclosporin A in tumor-bearing dogs. Am J Vet Res 67(6):1057-1062