Difference between revisions of "Thrombocytopenia"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Thrombocytopenia in dogs is defined as a reduced levels of circulating thrombocytes (platelets) below the normal
Thrombocytopenia in dogs is defined as a reduced levels of circulating thrombocytes (platelets) below the normal of 2 x 10<sup></sup>/L.
Revision as of 18:44, 7 February 2013
Thrombocytopenia in dogs is defined as a reduced levels of circulating thrombocytes (platelets) below the normal cut-off value of 2 x 1011/L.
- - Rickettsia spp, Ehrlochia canis, Borrelia burgdorferi, Babesia rossi, Anaplasma phagocytophilum
- Neoplasia, splenic torsion
- Immune-mediated neutropenia
- Recent drug therapy
- Recent modified live vaccination administration
- May-Hegglin anomaly
- Giudice E et al (2010) Effect of desmopressin on immune-mediated haemorrhagic disorders due to canine monocytic ehrlichiosis: a preliminary study. J Vet Pharmacol Ther 33(6):610-614
- Scheepers E et al (2011) Serial haematology results in transfused and non-transfused dogs naturally infected with Babesia rossi. J S Afr Vet Assoc 82(3):136-143
- Cockwill KR et al (2009) Granulocytic anaplasmosis in three dogs from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Can Vet J 50:835–840
- Schnier LM (2010) A case of splenic torsion with progressive anemia and thrombocytopenia. Can Vet J 51(5):527-529
- Snead E et al (2011) Glucocorticoid-dependent hypoadrenocorticism with thrombocytopenia and neutropenia mimicking sepsis in a Labrador retriever dog. Can Vet J 52(10):1129-1134
- Brown MR & Rogers KS (2001) Neutropenia in dogs and cats: A retrospective study of 261 cases. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 37:131–139
- Flatland B et al (2011) May-Hegglin anomaly in a dog. Vet Clin Pathol 40(2):207-214